Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Challenge 79: Another me!

162. If you could invent something, what would it be, and why? (University of Virginia)


Obviously, I would invent something I need, something that will mean less work for me, and more time to just, as they say, "chill." I should invent something that should be useful. So, the best I can come up with is another me. Yes, I would invent another Bidushi. I know that things like cloning exist but inventing another me is different. I would ask whatever I want from the duplicate me without hurting her feelings. She will do exactly what I ask of her because she is me and she cares for me. Firstly, that would mean that I would get away from doing a lot of boring work, whether it be cleaning up my room or solving math problems. The second me could do all that work and make time for me to have fun. Secondly, I could really watch myself at work and observe what I look like when I am intensely memorizing facts for the next exam or listening to music and doing to art work. I could admire myself. Thirdly, having another me would also mean that I would be able to be in two places at once and confuse people! They would wonder how I could have attended that meeting but also have had a long conversation with my friends. It would be fun to watch people think that they’re crazy by tricking them. Fourthly, it would feel absolutely great to go against all the rules of nature. It would feel amazing to counter all that scientists and theorists have come up with since the beginning of time. Fifthly, I could send my other self on a mission to Mars or something that incredible.

I think that these are enough reasons for me to invent another me. I could get away from work I don’t enjoy doing, I could observe myself to see what I look like when I’m working, I could trick people, I could go against the law of nature, and I could send myself to Mars!

(I'm sorry but this one is a rather careless one. In my defense, I am half asleep.)

7 comments:

alexandra said...

I like this post! It's really creative and interesting to read...

Wouldn't it be creepy to have a clone of yourself though? Wouldn't they be annoyed with doing boring work?

Hung Nguyen said...

What an interesting idea!! I like it.
What are you going to do if your clone messes your thing up by mistake?

Z said...

Never would have thought about that: cloning myself. Impressive. (especially your confusing people idea)

But seeing as your clone is actually a person, wouldn't it feel kinda bad to be using it/them?

HDB said...

Human bondage! I love it, Bidushi. Since I'm responding after concerns expressed about your clone, may I reference Sheldon? You can always train your clone. Corporal punishment still works in India and China, so I guess you don't have anything to worry about! You just have to disable brain functions that would make your clone want to rebel against your awesomeness.

Bidushi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bidushi said...

You mean Sheldon from the BBT? Isn't he awesome?! Yes, my point was that my copy wouldn't have thoughts and feelings that could get hurt. She wouldn't be able to feel just like the way we can feel. That's why I can ask her to do things for me without letting it trouble my conscience. In other words, she will be like a robot but with real organs and things who looks exactly like me and doesn't hesitate once before doing me a favor!

HeeSeo said...

I really enjoyed reading this post.
It was interesting and light (the tone)
I never knew you did some of these things, mission in Mars...