Friday, December 23, 2011

Challenge 39: Toilet

211. A special place

Toilet.
Oh, what special place art thou?
A place to call my own,
a place where I can be myself,
whether it is singing while I shower,
or letting the contents of the day leave me in peace.

Toilet.
Why we love thee so much?
The mirror so fantastic, so large,
Reflecting off the many lights in the chamber.
And as I stare at my reflection,
it helps me boost my self-confidence higher.

Toilet.
Oh, the million special things she holds.
From the toilet paper so soft and comforting,
to the shower tub that I can swim in.
The white, shining marbles look so elegant,
and the toilet seat so pleasant.

Toilet.
Oh, how much I miss thee when I am away.
When they take me so far from you,
as the tears on my face gleam like dew.
They tell me I can't visit you,
but rather use the nature so insignificant before you.

Toilet.
Oh, how you help me when I need it.
I can trust you no matter the case,
whether I am troubled in the stomach or the face.
You throw open your door as you see
the desperation, the hurt, and the panting plea.

No comments: